Jul 29, 2006

Cyclo Park

If you ever need a cyclo ride you'll find plenty of them down by the river on the corner of Ton Duc Thang and Nguyen Hue, and on the other side of Ton Duc Thang as well. This kind of looked like a cyclo showroom, they were sparkling clean. TDT has got to be one of the dodgiest roads to trundle along in a cyclo - I find it lung busting on my bike. It carries a lot of heavy traffic and there is NO seperate lane for motorbikes until you turn the corner and head up towards the zoo. That means you'll often get crushed onto the side of the road by buses and cars pulling in to avoid whatever carnage is coming the opposite direction....a ride down by the river? Think again!

Also the other day I noticed the stupendous amount of bikes residing in the underground car park at Diamond Plaza. This picture only shows about half the garage.


I was going to snap the other half when the parking attendent told me not to take any pictures. No idea why. Then when I was sitting outside on a perfectly nice wall, I was told 'no sitting' by another parking attendent. No idea why.

Here's a shot a government billboard, down by the development I was talking about by the river.

As I was taking this I noticed the little guy down in front with his tattered old clothes and his trolley full of whatever he was collecting off the street. I found some level of irony in this guy trudging along in this spot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how all these propaganda posters show people with ruby red lips. I haven't yet to see one guy in Vietnam wearing lipstick!

Anonymous said...

I remember being told not to sit on the wall outside Diamond Plaza a few years ago - I wonder if it was the same guy.