Jun 10, 2007

Final Word - The Best Of

It's been two years now of blogging here at the Final Word. I thought I'd take this chance to say thanks to everyone who has read and commented over the past couple of years. I've blogged about pretty much everything : work, getting married, the development in Saigon, the future of Saigon, moving house, advertising, parking, driving, helmets and the rain. I've counted the number of foreigners in the city. I've written about Xmas, TET and Independence Day. I've blogged other places in Nam like Vung Tau, Dalat, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Hanoi, Phu Quoc, Con Dao, Mui Ne, and then further afield from places like Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, Korea, and even a Tsunami report. Then there are all the pointless in between posts and random pictures, of which there are lots, like sitting in my rocking chair for example....

So with ever more self indulgence creeping quickly onto the white screen of this post, here are my top ten from the last two years.

1) Misunderstanding the horn- an attempt at comedy on the Saigon traffic...looking back I'm not really enamored with my writing back then, but whatever.
2) Getting married Vietnam Style Part III- One small part of the story of getting married. The experience of working 'with' a government office.
3) Independence Day - I had a great day that day, loved driving around taking these pics, they are some of my favorites that I've taken in the city.
4) Con Dao- my first piece of travel writing was based on this post.
5) Getting married Vietnam Style Part X - reasons I don't really need to express...! It's great to have everything recorded and look back on it.
6) Hoi An - again for the pics, and cause it was my honeymoon....!
7) Are you hard headed? - I like this one cause it is about something very real, it's the first real researched piece I ever wrote, and it got a good reaction.
8) An everyday journey - This is a piece of creative writing I did. Although I never got much feedback, I was 'well chuffed' (very happy) with it.
9) Will 2020 ever come to Saigon? - About the future of Saigon, and provoked an interesting discussion.
10) Vung Tau - Mainly the pics, and also the reaction - seemed a lot of readers had a connection or were interested in Vung Tau!

That's it. Enjoy!

No comments: