Feb 11, 2007

Tet Prep : Pig Crazy

A blogger in Vietnam commentating on the TET holiday? The first of many in the coming week I'm sure. However, it was a choice of all or nothing for TFW. The preparations in town are well underway, concentrated as usual on Le Loi and Nguyen Hue, the latter being closed off completely apart from the bike lanes.

Nguyen Hue @ Tet

The flowers are beautiful. I could just imagine Nguyen Hue being completely pedestrianised one day, and looking like this all the time. Wouldn't that be nice!

Nguyen Hue @ Tet

It's pig crazy out there folks: Pigs in horse drawn wheelbarrow -- off on holiday perhaps?

Nguyen Hue @ Tet

Pigs wrapped in plastic -- just arrived and awaiting strategic placement. Perhaps.

Nguyen Hue @ Tet

These ones have their own security. I think the red one on top is the driver.

Nguyen Hue @ Tet

Has HCM ever looked this colorful?

Nguyen Hue @ Tet

The lanterns are out on Le Loi as well.

Le Loi @ Tet

11 comments:

Jimmy Tran said...

I got my Tết post coming up this week. Yay!

Shoot me. Shoot me now.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures as usual -- I will head down to downtown Saigon to catch the color and excitement.
-- Mel

Anonymous said...

yeap, it's the year of the "Old Major". reflecting in the porky theme of the decoration
"long live and prosper" to those were born under the sign of <<< oint... oint... oint...>>

nice pictures!! is it skill or equipment ? neither, it's the objects.... hehehe :) just joking, what kind of camera do you use?

Rogena said...

Great Job Jon! Keep posting those pics for Tet. It will be the closest thing to experiencing this holiday I will ever have for a number of years. Besides seeing the country in all of its' beauty on a normal day, Tet really seems like a treat. I wish to tap my heels twice and be there.

Anonymous said...

Glad you did a posting on Tet, otherwise I would be disappointed. The piggy pics are so cute!

Jon Hoff said...

Yes - see, I knew that! It is my duty now.

Anonymous said...

Yay, tet is here..which means li xi :P

I was born in the Year of the Pig. They say if you're a pig, then you're really lucky- and here I am still waiting to win the lotto!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha, "I think the red one on top is the driver."

Anonymous said...

sadly, some pig is destined to be the head pig, but sadly and unfortunately, most of them are ended up in the slaughterhouse to make everyone dinner more enjoyable... bottomline, winning could be "wintry" ....hehhehe that was brutal :) look at the bright side happiness can come from bringing others happiness

Jon Hoff said...

Uh huh. I totally agree.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Rather than do my own post, I'm just gonna cheat and link to yours.