Dec 10, 2007

Making Connections Grow (Facebook style)

My business, the infant travel agency Connections, has just grown. We have relaunched the website, www.connectionsvietnam.com. I have tried to make it more Google friendly -- added a Guide section including 'Eat', 'Drink', 'Stay' and 'See'. Also added a links section. Added our new services as well, our Saigon packages. We are putting our four city services (Cook, Meet, Learn and Dine) together into one night / two day and two night / three day packages -- all excellent value for money if you ask me. But I would say that.

Love it or hate it, Facebook is one heck of a powerful tool. There are nearly 16,000 people in the Vietnam network now, so it makes sense to create some kind of presence. The best way to find out 'what's on' in Saigon is through the Vietnam network...especially now the most popular expat mag has gone out of business (allegedly). I am still just skimming the surface therefore, with 118 members in my Connections Vietnam group. What happens is this : I created the group and invited all my friends. They of course joined not wanting to offend me, then the group shows up as a popular one in the Vietnam network. Networkers, socalites and business people browsing these groups then join to, well, 'Network'. And nothing against these people, I do the same thing. It is marketing and networking without leaving your living room. Of course, getting off your arse occasionally helps a lot too, I really must consider that sometime. See you at the next Saigon networking event people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

also you might consider to open a after school hour class to teach English because I think this is your strong forte (this is just for experiment to see how thing goes, if the demand grows, then you can expand...)