Mar 8, 2007

Saigon Developing City XI

If you are fed up with boring pictures of the ever expanding suburbia that is Phu My Hung, then look away now. If you're not, WELCOME!

This pic must have been taken around 6 months ago.

pmh

Now it's basically finished. These have to be the poshest apartments in all of Vietnam so far. They face the river and must have fantastic views. I heard $1800 - $2000 psqm.

PMH

I posted this in August 2006:

pmh2

And now:

Saigon Paragon

Down near the Waterfront, over the bridge, more new blocks are being finished off. This is one is called My Kiem (according to workers).

My Kiem

My Kiem 3

When you reach the end of the road down here, there is a small river. No matter, the bulldozers are already preparing the land on the other side, and the bridge is being built as we speak.

New Bridge

This is My Khanh, the end of the road just before the bridge.

My Khang

I'm sure this area of PMH will become more popular. At some point, the new road will open making the buildings on the north side a little cut off from the rest of PMH.

PMH 6

5 comments:

Jimmy Tran said...

Ewwww! Jon, you have reached a new low.

I went to Bangkok's Siam Paragon, which had a store selling effin Ferraris (how did they even get them on the second floor?). If this Saigon Paragon has a Kinokuniya Bookstore, I will be sold on that alone.

Jon Hoff said...

Thong -- I think I have some kind of Phu My Hung fetish. Odd.
Any kind of bookstore that has more than 10 books written in English will sell me. It's worth the airfare just to go to Borders and spend a few hours!

Jon Hoff said...

I meant...the airfare to Singapore.....or anywhere that has a decent bookshop.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. Mr Hoff (did you change your last name when you got married :) it'd be funny a caucasian has Nguyen for last name :)

(Dont get this type of news from gov't websites).

Miss Bangkok Hotels said...

Thank you for sharing traveling post. I heard that the most famous shopping centre is Siam where has both in-out door shopping centres but i like Jatujak weekend Market more....