Apr 20, 2008

Car Spotting

Never again will I forget my camera. I may be a little over excited, but after the interest shown in the yellow Lambo I snapped a few weeks earlier, I was absolutely kicking myself yesterday afternoon. A posse consisting myself and Chi, a photographer and helper, a yogi and a driver left HCMC for Anoasis Beach Resort, Long Hai. Here Connections plan to start running short yoga breaks as a refreshing weekend out of the city, or possibly as an add for existing tours.
More on that later.

When we arrived at the resort I was staggered to see a silver Rolls Royce Phantom and a black Bentley parked carelessly in the sand under a couple of palm trees. Man that Rolls looks stunning! Only three are in the whole country, and the owner according to the staff was the Khai Silk guy, as confirmed by this story. The Bentley may have been a Brooklands. The RRP has a base price of $300,000 in America but as the VietNamNet story says, it would have cost up to a $1,000,000 in Vietnam.

To add to this, after we left this morning, passing us in the opposite direction towards Vung Tau was another Rolls Royce, not a Phantom but an older style car, and then travelling together a red Ferrari and yellow Lambo, probably the same one I saw and photographed a few weeks ago. That must cover the top 5 out of 5 cars in Vietnam!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I would have loved to see those cars.

I still find it amazing that these type of car are out and about in congested Saigon. I wonder where the Autobahn is in Sagion.

jefbeard911 said...

When I was in Sai Gon for Tet this year I snapped a pix of a Black 2007 S 55 AMG Mercedes parked on Bui Vien. Not quite as rare as a Lambo but still pretty uncommon. Not a den or scratch on it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

The Yellow Lambo and Red Ferrari are owned by the same person.

But, have you seen the Audi RS8? That's a cool car. Or the BMW M6? Or the Acura NSX?

Anonymous said...

saw a red F430 and a red F430 spyder in convoy through district 1 last week.

there is also a black Lambo LP640 in HCMC, have yet to see it in the flesh but saw a photoshoot taken outside the Gloria Jeans in PMH.