Apr 14, 2008

AIS bloggers

Kevin has pointed out his 'Linux Lab' over at AIS. My 'Windows Lab' as I suppose it would be is next door. Here I teach Grades 6-9 about using technology to express themselves creatively (whenever possible).

I started the AIS school blog near the beginning of the year to showcase student blogs which I had them set up on blogger, and also showcase some of their work they did using Adobe Photoshop.

Check out the site to see what is going on inside the head of Vietnamese teenagers -- especially their creative stories most have posted to their blogs. I particularly like Tue (G7), Hienrich (8A) and Watson (possibly the next H.G Wells, 8B).

Soon I will be uploading some of their videos made in class using Adobe Premiere Elements, when I have the patience/time to deal with uploading videos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering what you have been up to lately -- this looks like a fun job for you. So did all those kids pick their own English names?
-- Mel

Jon Hoff said...

Hi Mel
The kids have all been in bilingual schools / language centers for long enough to have their own English names before they arrived. Quite a few spent time in school systems in the US/Canada/Australia already, and we have some VK students as well.