Sep 22, 2006

Finally!

Here it is in all it's bureaucratic glory. We've finally burst free from the assemblge of red tape which has bound us since April. Although we'll be celebrating tonight, in our minds it's not done until the wedding party later in October. However, we are of course very happy to have gotten this over and done with! I feel I had to blank out some personal details because I am petrified of lonely Internet cyberloonies who will stalk me, yes, I'm talking to YOU.

Just kidding lovely readers.....please come back!


It was strange coming out of the office as a legally married man and then heading off back to work as did the misses. We did manage to squeeze in a matrimonial bowl of pho of which I took a picture in a bid to emulate those countless images on drool-worthy food blogs such as Sticky Rice.

Not bad, methinks, although there is some badly behaved light intruding from the strips above. I think I'll leave it to the experts.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your daily journal. It's a must read for me everyday. Congradulations on your marriage certificates. From what i read, you and wife did not grease anyone to get this. Thank you for doing that. I was borned VN and left when I was 16. Long to work and help VN, but the system let me down, bribery and all. Anyway, thank you and enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Good luck marrying into the Truong family. I heard they're really mean spirited people. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Good luck marrying into the Truong family. I heard they're really mean spirited people. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your marriage certificate. Now, I get to look forward to pics of your wedding in VN. You both make a lovely couple. I'm also VNmese, living here in California since 1975. I have been back to VN twice. Please continue to document your daily life in Saigon and post as many pics as possible.

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you and chi!. A lot of hard work from you both to get your cirtificate.Good luck for the future. Look forward to seeing you both in a few weeks at the wedding bash!

Jon Hoff said...

Thanks Hoff family, but watch the spelling. On second thoughts, it's fine, I can say my own bad spelling is hereditary.

Jimmy Tran said...

Congrats Jon! Love on!

Jon Hoff said...

Thirsty - thanks!

Thuy said...

Congratulation!

Digital Media North Wall said...

Going to VN in 1 week to "get married". I have read your blog with interest and congratulate you on coming through it all. Hope marriage is treating you well now.

I am an Irish citizen facing this 'bureaucratic nightmare'. Wow it sounded tough at times. Any advice?