May 22, 2007

Withdrawal

Having blogging withdrawal symptoms without my camera. Most of my posts write themselves as they are based around pictures. Capturing and originating material for this blog involves the following process. 1) Identify target. 2) Return with camera, snap until satisfied. 3) Blog it. Unfortunately, I tipped the Canon from my desk to the floor, on the way shattering it's precious LCD screen. Currently she sits in the repair shop, a surgical gown draped over her. She's already had her memory card and battery removed, but the technician in the shop says there is a more than 80% chance of success, and that this kind of procedure is quite normal.

So, I grabbed my wife's camera the other day, but it just wasn't the same. I will be back with a post on the changes in District 3 sometime soon....but for now just a taster. NTMK is changing shape incredibly quickly. Loads of buildings going up along here. This shot is from the corner of Nguyen Binh Kiem and NTMK.

Picture 230

This one is the corner of Tran Cao Van and Hai Ba Trung. You can just about make out the picture of the new building intended here.....quite a big plot this one.

Picture 231

I will be in Hanoi later this week so I'm looking forward to a posting on the capital city - my first visit. Camera will be ready by then.....!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon, if I recall correctly, all the spots you mentioned (NTMK -NBK) and (TCV-HBT) are in District 1, not 3.

Jon Hoff said...

The first one is in D1 (NTMK - NBK). The second one is in D3, but only just.