Sep 8, 2010

By the River

I love finding strangely quiet parts of the city that are obviously going to develop heavily in the future. My daily drive home from work takes me past the construction of Diamond Island on the edge of Thu Thiem and very near the TT highway, yet to be opened.

TAS 025


The picture below shows Diamond Island. The Saigon River lies beyond and flows from here down under the Phu My bridge. The land in this part of District 2 is slowly being built on, and most of the riverbank is still totally untouched. Amazing prime real estate on the waterfont just a few kilometers from District 1 and District 7, and what will be excellent links to the new airport and Vung Tau. At the moment all that is there is some basic infrastructure, and some brave soles have built their houses already. Some serious houses by the way.

TAS 023


TAS 024


TAS 029


This house has a jetty out the back on the river:

TAS 030


Here's a view of the riverbank with District One in the distance.

TAS 027


And here, as you can see completely undeveloped, with the Phy My bridge in the distance.

TAS 028


Here's a rough map of my journey from D7 to D2 everyday, the area I am talking about, and the new TT highway yet to open.


View Thu Thiem D2 Development in a larger map

6 comments:

Dan said...

So what do you think it takes $ wise to buy the land there and build a house like one of these?

Jon Hoff said...

I am guessing the land is already between $1000-$2000 per m2. So you are talking $100,000 per 100m2. Construction is quite cheap and anything from $50,000 up would build you a house.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a development already. I doubt it is cheap. Will be a nice location after though.

50k would not build a house like those.

MZ said...

I pass by this area everyday. I never knew that this is going to be the new development. Thanks for the info

Jon Hoff said...

no 50K would not build a house like those, but it would build a house...!

Unknown said...

VietnamVisaEmbassy Need More Way to make money Online