May 21, 2008

The trees!

Alas the trees. The only nice thing about the canal, that dirty, odious monstrosity that creeps around my apartment block, was the green grassy area shaded by trees adjacent to it. It was an oasis in the city, although barely three feet wide. I come home from work and they have been cut down in the prime of their oxygen giving life. Why I ask, why? No one seems to know why!

Picture 571

Picture 572

The xe om drivers made me laugh, they hadn't moved their bikes an inch the whole day, the lazy sods.
Picture 573

Why why why!

On a separate note, Phil, congrats to you too. Drop me an email pls so we can get in touch...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the filtration project to clean up the canal is making it to your area. They first cut down the trees, then they will fence up the whole area. After that they start pounding long cement pylons into the ground.

Be prepared for a lot of shaking, they are not earthquakes. This will go on for 4-5 months.

On the good note, they seem to be doing something along the canal near my house. I hope they put the parks back :-)

VanPham said...

What the hell are they doing?
I love planting, and I know how long it takes time to grow.

Hope they are replacing for beautiful flower blooming trees though....

Love your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Trees aren't going to grow anyway under the overhead freeway they are planning along the canal :)

Anonymous said...

Not to get off the subject of trees but what is your take on the "Nudist" at the beaches in Vietnam that was mention in the Thien news. I wonder why the local authority haven't stepped in and told them to put something on. Maybe they like the flesh a little too much.

Back to your story, its kind of sad to see the trees go but I think they will bring them back.

Anonymous said...

so much tree.. so cool.. but not cool enough [@~@"]