Jul 12, 2007

Sesame

Sesame is a small restaurant and bakery situated in the grounds of the Hospitality School for Disadvantaged Children of Ho Chi Minh City (to give the full name). The school recruits 120 pupils a year, aged between 16 and 20 years old. They are trained in cookery and hospitality, many going on to work in the city's hotels and restaurants. They also get a recognised qualification. They have a number of donors, primarily Triangle Generation Humanitaire.

The young staff were pleasant, although still learning.....the food was fine. The place is out the back of an old looking school building, which you pass through on the way to the eating area, as well as huge kitchens full of pots and pans. Eventually you arrive at a kind of makeshift terrace adjacent to an inside eating area. Despite once being a regular part of the building, great efforts have been made to inspire a dining atmosphere, with a French national directing the renovation from the looks of things. We ate there alone.

Sesame

The address is 153 Xo Viet Nghe Tinh, Binh Thanh.

In this picture, I look the most like my Dad so far in my life. Don't I? Mum?

Me @ Sesame

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon how do you find all these places? It looks really nice in there, how come so few customers.No you dont look like me ,i am much better looking!

Anonymous said...

The more I read your blog entries, the more I realize...

I LOVE VIETNAM !!!

I love it like a first love. I want to go to VN soon.

Anonymous said...

yeap, ain't that bad looking!!! rather pretty though :) chopping off the old block????

however, wondering the reason why the name of the blog is kinda desperado!!! :)

vietnamica said...

So many restaurants appear in Vietnam's cities. I wish the best for this one, since it sounds interesting.

Minh Kiến said...

Thanks for sharing this information :)

...:::zizy:::... said...

Mr.Jon...One of these pictures is near my house and I go on this street everyday...and I think you are Steven(Spy)...don't lie anymore..hohohohoho