Oct 11, 2006

Coffee

Cafe Sua Da Pre Ice

I can think of a few uses for this powerful drink. It is dripped through black Vietnamese coffee sitting atop condensed, sweetened milk -- in a few minutes I will stir the two together and pour into a bigger glass filled with ice, hence completing the non-literally translated title of the drink - 'Iced coffee with milk'.

Options:

1) Skim off the coffee before it turns radioactive and pour it into the gas tank of your chosen vehicle. You won't be filling up again for a long time.

2) Send off a sample to NASA.

3) Dilute the coffee with some water and save money on those pesky industrial products such as bleach and white spirit. Just the smell will have your emulsion curling from the wall.

4) If you have one of those bullet proof glass windows with two holes through which you extend your arms into accordion style gloves, set up a kind of amateur science lab, maybe mixing different chemicals with the coffee. Who needs semtex anyway?

5) Drink it. Savour the uniqueness of the sweet coffee, and then sit back as the liquid energy rush sweeps through your viens and floats away with your brain.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon & Chi Congratulations from Uncle Chris Roz & the girls. 1st time for me this blog thing so i hope it sticks.

i've only just started looking , as at work so must get my home pc sorted. !

amazing .

i hope to see you and chi sometime in the future , only sorry i can't join you on your wedding celebrations .

never quite sure if you get my e mailed jokes etc .

Jimmy Tran said...

My Bác Vân gave us a big packet of G7 (Instant Coffee), which is what many restaurants use, according to him. And yes, the taste is dead-on.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna send some samples of it to Los Alamos Labs to manufacture some artillery to counter the impending North Korea threat (smile).

Anonymous said...

All that mind blowing experience in a cup of joe...and its LEGAL too! Ya gotta luv that 'ca phe sua da'.

amadbrownwoman said...

where there's a vietnamese coffee dripping, i remember this. as potent as ??

Jon Hoff said...

Hey Chris
Thanks mate! The blog is not too complicated, seems like you got it figured out.
Speak soon

Jon Hoff said...

A mad brown women in Saigon...that sounds dangerous. Anyway, I went to your link and when the page opened I got dizzy and had to lie down for a while. It takes me back to a University trip to Prauge where I became friends with and then fell out with that substance all in 5 days.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Vietnamese coffee - most definetely an acquired taste - and one that I have no intention of acquiring. Individual sachets of Nescafe for me I thinks.